The mission of the Brain Injury Society of Toronto (BIST) is to enhance the quality of life for persons, in the City of Toronto, who are living with the effects of acquired brain injury (ABI)- through education, awareness, support and advocacy.
This key organizational part time (16 – 20 hours per week) position will work directly with the board, in cooperation with other programs and members in the delivery, expansion and operation of BIST. The following knowledge, skills and qualities are required:
• A minimum of three years experience supporting member-driven/association programs
• Undergraduate degree/College Diploma in rehabilitation, recreation, social work, psychology or related discipline is an asset
• Knowledge of the issues faced by people with ABI and their families
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse board of directors, committees and volunteers
• Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
• Excellent skills in facilitation, coaching, mentoring and/or teaching
• Ability to identify and set priorities and work towards their fulfillment
• Excellent oral/written communication
• Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to adapt to audiences with a wide range of abilities
• Strong administrative skills.
• Human Resource experience.
• Web site maintenance.
• Internal development, governance structure, policy and procedures.
• Data Management skills.
• Ability to write grant applications and funding proposals.
Please forward your resume and cover letter expressing your interest by August 27th, 2010 to Colleen Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org