The planning committee of the Toronto ABI Network Conference 2012 is currently seeking submissions from a diverse representation of disciplines, organizations and experiences for concurrent podium presentations, rapid podium presentations and poster displays. All submitted abstracts will be vetted through a blind-review process and evaluated by professionals from across the brain injury community. Submissions by survivors and family members/caregivers are encouraged.
How to submit an abstract:
· Complete the attached Abstract Submission Form (pdf). The abstract submission form is a protected Word document which will allow you to fill in only your responses to the submission questions.
· Please save the completed form by including the author last name at the beginning of the document, e.g. SMITH_ABI Conference Abstract Submission Form 2012
· Submit your abstract by email to email@example.com
Deadline: Your abstract must be submitted before 9:00 am on Monday, May 7, 2012
There will be no extensions to this deadline.
About the 2012 conference:
This year the Toronto ABI Network conference will be held in Toronto from November 8-9, 2012 at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel. The conference promises to once again provide stimulating presentations from keynotes, workshop presenters and researchers. The keynote presenters who have confirmed include the following:
· Dr. Mark Bernstein, Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto and Neurosurgeon at Toronto Western Hospital
What neurosurgeons can learn from talking with patients: A qualitative journey
· Michael Blois, Law Student, University of Western Ontario and former Master Corporal of the Royal Canadian Regiment
The impact of brain injury and invisible TBI on military personnel: One soldier’s transition to civilian life
· Dr. Jeff Kleim, Associate Professor, School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering (SBHSE) Neuroscience, Arizona State University
Neural plasticity: Foundation for neurorehabilitation
· Paul Nadler, Survivor/student/director and author
Braindamadj’d (including film screening)
Need more information?
For more information about this conference or for assistance with developing and submitting your abstract, please contact Patricia Dent, Conference Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 416-597-3422 ext. 5277.